NSS ("National Service Scheme")
The Motto of the National Service Scheme if “NOT ME BUT YOU”.
National Service Scheme, popularly known as NSS is an extension of activities to the higher education system to orient the student youth to community service while they are studying in educational institution, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. Govt.of India.
Aim's & Objective's of NSS are:
- To understand the community in which they work.
- To understand themselves in relation to their community.
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problem.
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
Development of Student’s personality through community service. Through NSS Unit activities relating to social-economic and Cultural and personality development activities.
Benefits of Being a NSS Volunteer:
A NSS volunteer who takes part in the community service programme would either be a college level or a senior secondary level student. Being an active member, these student volunteers would have the exposure and experience to be the following:
- an accomplished social leader.
- an efficient administrator.
- a person who understands human nature.
Social Service Activities every year :
Every year the NSS Unit is conducting Special camps focusing
- Rural mass.
- Relating to Dowry, Illiteracy, AIDS.
- Health Awareness.
- Population Policies.
- Sanitations Hygiene.
- Tabaco Consumption Prevention.
- Wate Day, Water Saving, Water Harvesting, Check Dams, Draining.
- Voter Awareness Programme.
- Cancer Prevention Programme .
- Tree Plantation.
- Earth Day.
- Energy Day .
- SVEEP Programme .
- International Yoga Day.
- Swachha Bharat Abhiyan .
- National Unity Day Environmental awareness.
- Blood Donation .
- Health Check-up camps through Red Ribbon Club, NSS & YRC.
During NSS Special Camp of 2019-2020 Corona Virus -19 Awareness Campaign was held from April 28 to till June
in Association with Gulbarga University -Kalaburagi in this period distribution of Masks, Sanitizer’s ,
Food & Medical Kits was given to the needy people of this area